Friday, April 2, 2010

So thankful!

Our Papi (that is how you write daddy in Spanish, but when Matthew writes notes to him he does it as it sounds in English, "POPEE")has been gone for 42 days, it's been pretty hard, some days more than others. We miss him tons, specially at night time, when he becomes the narrator for our kids books, (he can make the COOLEST voices for tons of characters on our favorite chapter books,and he remembers which voice to make for each character...that's pretty amazing if you ask me) so not only the kids but I have also enjoyed for the past 10 years his fun story time reading.
So as the days go on, missing him more and more, I've also realized how much he does at home, not only with the kids but also helping me around the house in so many ways that I didn't realize before he was gone. And all those feelings made me think of friends that for some reason or another are single parents, it has convicted me of how little, if anything I've done to help them, if not with the heavy emotional burden just with the every day needs that arise.
I know that 2 moths are nothing compared to years with husbands deployed or facing the cruel reality of divorce. I've been blessed with so many of you, friends and family that are there for us praying and/or calling every so often to encourage me. I've also been blessed with a friend that I would not have known if we hadn't moved here. She is a wife of a busy husband and a mom of a toddler and a baby, she is also strong in her faith and love for Christ. She has made room in her busy life to reach out to our family in very specific ways. For some reason(I don't know)I tend to withdraw a little from people when I'm dealing with my own feelings...But her thoughtfulness(and always sweet smile)have made keeping my distance hard. So I've learned instead to lean on her for support. Thank you Coralie.
And THANK YOU all of you for your love for us too!

3 comments:

  1. Just a few more weeks until you're here...praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm counting down the days with you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're so sweet. Now that I'm home, whatcha doin? :-)I feel the need for coffee with a sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete