Thursday, April 22, 2010

A princess...

Who says that boys and girls are made the same...? I say bologna!
As most moms do, I enjoy listening to my kids play together, (that is, the few minutes of play they can squeeze in between fighting about anything and everything) I love to see how their brains create and piece together make believe stories.
As my boys were playing together yesterday I heard the word "princess" and being that that is not a common word in this household, I inched myself close to where they'd built a mini lego city. To the side of it was a big wooden scorpion.
After scrambling all over their toy bins they finally came out with a penguin girl toy, the closest thing they could find that looked somewhat like a princess. Feeling the need to help in the obvious game of rescuing the princess form the mean bad scorpion, I asked -Don't you guys have a mini lego princess Leah? (from Star Wars) -To which my 10 year old answered -Yes but we need a girly princess- and before I could ask anything else my almost 6 year old piped and said -We need a princess because that is what our Guardian Hero Scorpo, likes for dessert!-
...needless to say that there were no more questions asked, I'm starting to understand the meaning of the word "Speechless".

2 comments:

  1. I read this aloud to Jonathan and he laughed and laughed. Aren't children a blessing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's too funny! When Noah was little he picked up one of Leila's Barbies and holding one leg he folded it so it'd look like a gun and started to pretend to shoot people... hm...boys.

    ReplyDelete