Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Every day life


As most of you know my oldest son has had a passion for reptiles since he was two and could barely talk. And because of this we go on in life listening about these creatures a lot more that Josh and (especially) me would care to other wise.
But sometimes I have to pause and look at him to make sure that the person who is talking to me is my little Jr.
When I picked up both boys from school today, I handed to Josh Jr. his monthly REPTILE magazine that I had just picked up from the mail box and pointed at a picture of a lizard like (that I had never seen)and said: -Look at that rare lizard on the cover- to which he responded with out blinking -Uuuh...first of all that is not a lizard and second it is not rare, it's a California Red Bellied Newt-
So I realized today that I'm not a cool girl. There are only a few of those in Jr's life, and they actually enjoy catching lizards and looking at reptile pictures with him.(Maddi one of his best friends and Erica, his cousin)
And I'm very glad they are that way other wise he'd probably grow up thinking that all girls HATE snakes and lizards.

1 comment:

  1. So funny...kids are so good at outsmarting us sometimes aren't they!?

    ReplyDelete